I recently got a chain-letter type email asking for me to send a recipe to 20 people...well, it was quite confusing as to who actually sent me the email...so I kind of dropped it in the trash....oops!
But there is a nice recipe I recently found in a cook book I have. It is sooo easy and really yummy. I made it one day cuz I was craving something sweet...and then the next day it had completely disappeared by the time I arrived home from work...I think it was a hit at home! ;-)
It's from a Longabergers' recipe book:
APPLE TORTE
1 cup sugar
4 T. butter
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 cups chopped apples or a little more
1 t. vanilla
Cream sugar and butter together with mixer. Beat in egg. Sift dry ingredients together and add to cream mixture. Stir in apples and vanilla. Bake at 350F (180C) for 35 to 40 min. Serve with whipped cream.
My most famous recipe...one which is ALWAYS a hit...is one I got from my neighbor several years ago for banana bread. I am sure she got it from a cookbook...but I just call it Rima's Banana Bread, cuz I don't know where she got it from.
1 2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. veg. oil
2 eggs
1/3 c. buttermilk (I never have buttermilk so I use milk with about 1 T. white vinegar)
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (or 3 large)
opt - 2 c. chopped nuts
Cream together sugar, veg. oil and eggs until light and fluffy. Add buttermilk and baking soda and mix well. Add baking powder, flour and salt, mix well. Add bananas and nuts. (or do what I do and just throw everything together and mix well all at one time!) Pour into greased and floured 5x9 inch loaf pan. Bake at 375F (190C) for 1 hour. (I usually bake for 20 minutes uncovered and then cover it for the rest of the time so it doesn't get too black on top).
It is extremely moist and delicious! Great with coffee for breakfast...or at any time of the day or night!
Enjoy!!



5 comments:
Your recipes look great! I love making banana bread and I think I'll try this one.
About the music...I think I just went to someone's blog that had the playlist thing and I clicked on it and set up my account. Somewhere in the blog it allows you to type in a link to the playlist thing. (techinical jargon I know) Sorry I can't help you anymore than that. I just kind of figured it out and I'm not good at technology--hope that helps!
Dara,
Thanks for sharing the recipes! The torte looks sounds so delicious!!
Congratulations on baby! :)
Sheila
I can't keep up with all the chain emails and letters. I just have to delete them all.
I am looking forward to the next few weeks of pregnancy. I just posted our 11 week ultrasound picture. I get to visit Idaho in a couple weeks and I look forward to clothes shopping with my pregnant sister.
These recipes look especially good for back-to-school/fall...thanks so much...I printed both off to try.
I am getting caught up and have much to comment on here...
In regards to Tico's grandparents, WHAT an amazing story. Going from the carpet story to that...seriously, there must be some movie rights in here somewhere! :-)
Your post about the joy coming in the morning brought tears...both for the pain that came in the night and for the great joy of motherhood. I loved the reminder that it is the awareness of our sin that allows us to understand (and relish) grace.
Glad you got to vacation in London and reconnect with your church family there.
The apple dessert sounds like something that would go great with my rich and flavorful and aromatic COFFEE!!!:) We are going to make it tonight!!:) Love you!
Post a Comment