Sunday, 17 June 2012

years later...



oh my....I haven't updated this for YEARS! I am not sure how to delete it but I am afraid FB has really become this mommy's favorite way to communicate (short and sweet). Maybe I just don't have time anymore for sitting down and actually thinking deep thoughts let alone time to put my thoughts down on paper....
Motherhood is one of the best jobs I have ever had. It is hard work...oh boy is it hard work! There is very little time for a mommy to have alone time when her kids are very small. At least in MY experience. But then when you remember that your kids are only small once and it really is for such a short time...I guess you don't mind. In my case, I have become a mommy later in life so I have already had 'my' time and am happy to share the hours in my days with the 2 little men who call me mom. As they get older I find that things get harder. In the beginning it is all about keeping them fed and clean and healthy. But when they start talking and   forming concepts and opinions...it is all about directing them down the right path. I want soooo much for my children to know about (and to know personally) the God who created them. I don't dream for them to be rich or famous or even great inventors of ideas or theories or technology...but I dream of them coming to me one day and laying their hands on my head and praying over me. Blessing me...calling out to a God they know as Father, Saviour, Friend on MY behalf. That is my dream for my children. Everything else will fall into place.
And the other day I read this in the Bible:

Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant, 
    Jeshurun,[a] whom I have chosen.
For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground; 
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
    and my blessing on your descendants. 
They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
    like poplar trees by flowing streams. 
Some will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’;
    others will call themselves by the name of Jacob;
still others will write on their hand, ‘The Lord’s,’ 
    and will take the name Israel.
(Isaiah 44)


Let it be Lord, let it be!
(yawn) that's all for now from this tired mama.

No comments: