Wednesday, 9 July 2008

new news...






















As surprising as it is...we have found out that we are going to be very proud parents early next year. Our baby is due in January. We are overwhelmed and excited and blessed. We were not expecting this news so soon...but God is in control and we leave the details up to him. The event must have taken place soon after arriving in this blessed country...my husband reckons we were so shocked by all the space in our new house (as opposed to a studio flat in London) that we didn't know what to do with ourselves...so y'know...we just...um..kept ourselves occupied. (hehe)






The Dr scheduled us for a visit to the hospital to see our baby this week...we hope he/she is as excited to see us as we are to see him/her/them. Will keep you posted on that. Having just commenced my 2nd trimester, things are getting better. Clothes are a little harder to fit into, but the nausea has definitely tapered off, Thank GOD!!! Emotions are a little more steady and the tiredness...well, the tiredness is about the same. I haven't felt baby move yet, but daddy talks to him/her every day and prays for him/her and granny even talked to him/her from Brazil the other day...so he/she knows we're here and she/he is loved!!!






We moved into our own 2 bed flat which requires quite a bit of remodeling. The man of the house is revealing some hidden talents of decorating and carpentry that even he didn't know he had. He is a trooper! He has an evening job so he works all day at home on our house and then goes to work in the evening. But we are seeing amazing results. He has stripped all the walls in the master bedroom and taken down a little sheet-rock wall which separated the closet in our room from the little 'box room'. We now have a little alcove which will be our baby's nest for a few months. It is a very exciting adventure realising the dream of having and decorating our own home!

15 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

DARA!!!! You are in SOOOO much trouble!!!! I can't believe you have been blogging and didn't tell me - I would LOVE to have been reading these!!!! "-)

I'll to go back and catch up on all of them. And from now on I'll be a faithful reader.

On another note....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am absolutely thrilled you are going to be a Mommy - I know you'll be a great one - a huge hug to you and your hubby. So very, very happy for you.

OK, now I'm going to go add you to my google reader so everytime you blog I'll know it...and I'll work on forgiving you for not telling me sooner! "-)

Go look at the list on the right side of my blog - you'll find all kinds of familiar names!

Marty said...

Very exciting news Dara!!! Your life will never be the same. Ever heard of love at first sight....it is about to happen!! I'm glad the nausea is getting better! My sister, Susan, is also expecting the first of Janurary!! May God bless you on this journey! By the way, I'm doing some better.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Dara!
How exciting, you are going to make the best mom! So very happy for you, how delightful. Are you working? I am praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy. I felt both my babies move 18 weeks on the day. Oh I am so happy for you.

Tara said...

Dara, Just thought I'd pop in and say "hi" and congrats as well! I haven't seen you since dorm days...when the phone would ring and "Dara, Cara, and Tara" all sounded alike when being called to the phone!

Hope you have a healthy pregnancy and safe arrival of the little one. It is truly one of the greatest joys of life.

Blessings!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Dara on all these happy things! So good to catch up with you. Do you remember when we were hired to grill chik for that party? That is one of my all time favorites odd jobs (we were terrible as I remember!:)Blessings!

julie f said...

Dara, Dara...
so very excited for you. Life and YOU will never be the same, but you will find yourself changing in so many ways.

It will be fun to be a bit "connected" to your pregnancy this way. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Much love to you!!!
Julie

julie f said...

P.S. I suppose you are not coming out for your dad's wedding, or are you?
Would love to hook up with you if you are!

Cara said...

Congratulations Dara!

I put a link to your page on my blog and got one letter wrong and ended up on some cartoon site--could have been worse. But I found you again and am so happy to hear the good news! Hopefully you'll have a smooth ride for the rest of the pregnancy--no more nausea!

Jennifer Pedersen said...

Dara,
Congratulations on the great news and so glad you are blogging! It will be great to keep up with you. Loved reading your old blogs and seeing all the exciting things happening in your life! Congrats again!

jenny said...

Girlfriend, I am so excited for you! I'm glad the nausea is wearing off...I loved being pregnant and I hope you have the same experience. It's all just such a miracle and such a privilege to be a part of it.

Also, your new pad is looking really great. How is work/church/community life post move?

Someday...oneday...I will meet you across the pond...

Anonymous said...

Dara, how fun to find your blog and catch up with what you are doing! A big congratulations on the pregnancy! Having a baby changes your world forever - definitely a good thing! I'm sure you and your husband will be very happy! I've often wondered about where you ended up after HSBC so was so excited to find you here. I plan on checking back with you often!

Dara and Tico said...

Thanks Jennifer P for the comment. I don't know how to get on your blog to leave you a message. I am very amateur at this blogging technique. I saw pics of you guys on Mary Ellen's blog. Oh, how nice to see your mom and dad! I just love them! OK...well, keep in touch! Dara

Cher said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you! I just realized that means I am going to be an Auntie again! WHOOHOO!
Love you!
CHER

Anita Marie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you two.

Dara and Tico said...

hi Cher
I can't enter your site to leave a message back...sorry I am a little new at this. Yeah...you're gonna be an auntie! :-)